Genome Medicine is recruiting Editorial Board Members with expertise across all areas of our scope for our new editorial initiative. To increase our engagement with the Editorial Board and community at large, we are piloting a collaborative editorial model whereby Editorial Board Members assess manuscripts in their areas of expertise alongside the in-house Editorial team. We are recruiting Editorial Board Members who will work closely with our in-house Editors to select for important advances of broad interest in the application of genetics, genomics and multi-omics to understand, diagnose and treat disease.
Who are we looking for?
Experts with a passion for open access, data sharing, innovation in scientific publishing and the drive to be an advocate for their field. We are interested in individuals with significant expertise in any area of our scope, in particular cancer genomics, pathogen genomics, microbiome, neuroscience and single-cell approaches; we would also be interested in early career researchers that have demonstrated significant contribution to their field, in an effort to be more inclusive of the research community as a whole.
What are the benefits and responsibilities?
You will work together with in-house, professional editors in evaluating and selecting manuscripts as well as managing the peer review process and developing papers that the journal publishes. As an Editorial Board Member you will be responsible for the scientific quality of the manuscripts that you handle. You will adhere to the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of the journal and ensure that manuscripts are handled efficiently and appropriately.
An Editorial Board Member for Genome Medicine should be willing to handle a minimum of 2-3 manuscripts per month.
We understand that researchers may have limited bandwidth, and so we will try to ensure that this role is not too onerous. Editorial Board Members will be given access to training resources to help develop your editorial skills, and our in-house Editorial and administrative team will be on hand to provide additional support where required.
As an Editorial Board Member, you will benefit in the following ways:
- The opportunity to shape the editorial direction and priorities of a leading human genetics journal as well as the publishing landscape by acting as an advocate for the active research community
- Serve your community by providing efficient, robust and constructive handling of papers, and promoting progressive publishing ideas.
- Increase your knowledge of your field by exposure to research, and the expertise of your peers.
- Raise your profile and advance your career by being an active participant in your field, through your work on the journal and interactions with authors, reviewers and fellow editors.
- Behind-the-scenes view into how editorial decisions are made at Genome Medicine and the peer review process.
- 20% discounted Article Processing Charge (APC) when publishing with Genome Medicine or any other journal within the BMC Series (for a complete list, please see this page).
For a full list of benefits and responsibilities, please see here.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining Genome Medicine as an Editorial Board Member, please complete this form. If you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com. Please note that we are unable to respond to all applications personally but will be in contact if your expertise meets the needs of the journal. We look forward to hearing from you.